Updated: Jul 7
My brain is my own WORST enemy! PART DEUX
It only took me over a month between videos, but you know, that's the PDA way! As soon as I tell myself I'm going to do something, I'm fucked. I had the random urge to write and record this today, so I did. That's basically how everything happens these days - when the urge strikes, I just try to take advantage if I can. Riding the energy ripples...
Anywho. How about a part 2 of PDA contradictions? Let's do it.
1. I desperately want to relate to people, but resist doing the things that are popular - it was well known growing up that if you peer pressured me, I would push back harder
2. I will youtube and Macgyver things to avoid making a phone call, but as soon as I need more instruction because that didn’t work, I need someone to get on the phone immediately.
3. I got a job as soon as I legally could to assert independence and by 40 years old, I was too burnt out to be employable by anyone other than myself - if that.
4. I always got along well with adults - they treated me like a friend - until they would try to assert authority, which made no sense because I thought of us as equals; don’t tell me what to do
5. When I was little, all I wanted was to be an adult and could not stand being “parented”, but now I spend most my time gentle parenting my younger self
6. I learned to drive as soon as I could because I literally saw it as a license to freedom, but need someone to go with me to important things because I struggle to regulate myself
Check out the video originally from my TikTok account: @maybeitsmemaybeitsaudhd
What would you add to the list?!